Your privacy is important to Louis Jones Physiotherapy. This privacy statement sets out how Louis Jones Physiotherapy uses and protects any information that you give us when you use this website.
Louis Jones Physiotherapy is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Louis Jones Physiotherapy may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 21/05/2018.
What we collect
Louis Jones Physiotherapy may collect and use the following kinds of personal information (from our website):
• Your name, email address and/or contact telephone number
• Information that you provide us for the purpose of registering with the website (including emailing me about booking a session)
• Information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services (including signing up to newsletters via email) and
• Any other information that you send to Louis Jones Physiotherapy, when making contact to us.
Louis Jones Physiotherapy has a lawful basis to collect and process sensitive and personal data when you register as a patient at our practice, which includes:
• Name, address, date of birth, contact telephone number and/or email address
• Previous medical history, including any surgery, medical procedures or diagnostic treatment (including MRI scan, X-Ray, CAT etc)
• Special questions related to your health (which may be relevant and important to your diagnosis)
• Medicines or drugs that you may be prescribed
• Information relating to function at work or in activities of daily living
Louis Jones Physiotherapy has 2 important lawful bases for collecting and processing personal data about you, which are:
1. Consent - We require your consent in order to treat you, and require information (listed above) in order to provide the best treatment and service possible
2. Legal Obligation - Under the governing body of Physiotherapy an in order to maintain proper standards and codes of conduct with the HCPC, we require all medical information, which must be recorded for legal and medical reasons.
What we do with the information we gather
We ask for this information in order to understand your needs and provide you with a better service as well as for the 2 lawful bases mentioned above, and for the other following reasons:
• To respond to your queries and provide a service to assist you further
• To send you invoices you may require for claiming back costs of treatment (for example, reclaiming cost of treatment rom your insurance provider)
• To send you appointment reminders via SMS or email (your preference)
By law we are only allowed to keep your medical records for 7 years. After this time we are required to destroy this data.
Louis Jones Physiotherapy will never disclose your personal information to anyone except for when corresponding with insurance providers, your general practitioner or medical specialist, but only with your consent and in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, Louis Jones Physiotherapy may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
Louis Jones Physiotherapy is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Louis Jones Physiotherapy will store all the personal information you provide on secure servers and all paper medical records will be filed securely in lockable cabinets.
This website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our set, you should note that we do not have control over that other website. Therefore, Louis Jones Physiotherapy cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Contact Louis Jones Physiotherapy
• by email to email@example.com
• by post to Louis Jones Physiotherapy
2nd Floor Suite 12
Basepoint @ Ropetackle
Little High Street
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order t tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.